Important Instructions for Aptivus
General considerations to keep in mind when taking Aptivus include the following:
- The medication comes in capsule and oral solution form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily.
- Aptivus is always used along with ritonavir, and the two drugs should be taken at the same time. If combined with ritonavir tablets, the medications should always be taken with food. If combined with ritonavir capsules or oral solution (liquid), the medications can be taken with or without food.
- Try to take it at the same times every day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking Aptivus. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to the drug, thereby making it less effective.
The dose of Aptivus that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your height and weight (for children)
- How you respond to Aptivus.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Aptivus Dosage for more information.)