AIDS Home > What You Need to Know About Combivir
Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with Combivir. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- A general ill feeling (malaise) and fatigue
- Nasal symptoms.
Drug Interactions With CombivirCombivir can interact with a number of other medications (see Combivir Drug Interactions).
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking Combivir if you have:
- Anemia, neutropenia, or any other low blood count or blood disorder
- Liver disease, such as liver failure, cirrhosis, or hepatitis
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure).
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Combivir and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Combivir and Breastfeeding).