AIDS Home > Crixivan Overdose
In cases where people reported taking too much Crixivan, overdose symptoms included diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and kidney stones. Although it is not known how to best treat a Crixivan overdose, treatment may involve certain medications, "pumping the stomach," or supportive care (which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose).
Crixivan® (indinavir sulfate) is a prescription AIDS and HIV treatment. It belongs to a class of medications known as protease inhibitors. The effects of a Crixivan overdose will vary depending on a number of factors, including the Crixivan dosage and whether it is taken with any other medicines, alcohol, food, or street drugs.
If you happen to overdose on Crixivan, seek medical attention immediately.
In reported cases of Crixivan overdose, people experienced the following symptoms:
In order to prevent kidney stones due to a Crixivan overdose, adequate hydration (either by drinking fluids or by an IV) is very important.
It is not known how to best treat a Crixivan overdose. If the overdose was recent, a healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump the stomach." Treatment will involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on Crixivan.