AIDS Home > Serious Reactions to Egrifta
Serious Side EffectsSome side effects of Egrifta are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Swelling of the arms or legs
- Severe joint pain, or pain or numbness in your wrists or hands
- Muscle pain
- Feeling faint or fainting
- Chest pain
- Heart rhythm changes, such as feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart
- Signs and symptoms of increased blood sugar, such as:
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
- Urination at night
- Dry, itchy skin
- Blurred vision
- Increased appetite
- Drowsiness or fatigue
- Slow healing of a wound
- Significant irritation, severe pain, swelling, or other uncomfortable reactions at your injection site
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Swelling of the mouth or throat
- Difficulty breathing.
You may experience some or none of the Egrifta side effects listed in this article. Unfortunately, there is no way for your healthcare provider to know beforehand if you will have problems with a medicine that you have never tried.
Therefore, make sure to let your healthcare provider know if you develop any side effects while taking this medication. Also, let your healthcare provider know if you develop something that "just does not seem right." While it may not be related to the medication, your healthcare provider will be able to diagnose and treat the problem.