AIDS Home > Intelence Dosage
The recommended dose of Intelence for the treatment of HIV or AIDS in adults is 200 mg twice a day after meals. The drug is not intended to be used alone; instead, it is used as part of an HIV "cocktail." Try to take your dose at the same times each day, to maintain an even level of medication in your blood.
The recommended Intelence dose for treating adults with HIV or AIDS is 200 mg twice daily after meals. The recommended dose for children age 6 to 18 years is based on the child's weight as follows:
- Intelence 100 mg twice daily for children who weigh at least 16 kg but less than 20 kg (about 35.2 to 44 pounds).
- Intelence 125 mg twice daily for children who weigh at least 20 kg but less than 25 kg (about 44 to 55 pounds).
- Intelence 150 mg twice daily for children who weigh at least 25 kg but less than 30 kg (about 55 to 66 pounds).
Children who weigh 30 kg or greater (at least 66 pounds) will be given the adult dosage.
Intelence should be used in combination with other HIV medications, as part of an HIV "cocktail" (this is known as highly active antiretroviral therapy, or HAART).
Considerations for people taking Intelence include the following:
- Intelence comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth twice daily after meals.
- If you have trouble swallowing tablets, you can dissolve the tablets in a glass of water. Drink the water, then add more water (and drink it) several times to make sure you get the entire dose.
- Try to take this medication at the same times every day, to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It is very important that you closely follow your healthcare provider's instructions about taking Intelence. Missing doses can increase the chance of the virus developing resistance to Intelence (making it less effective).
- If you are unsure about anything related to your Intelence dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.