AIDS Home > Lexiva Dosage
For adults who have taken protease inhibitors in the past, the recommended Lexiva dosage is 700 mg twice daily plus Norvir 100 mg twice daily. There are various dosing options for people who have never tried protease inhibitors before. For example, you can take a Lexiva dose of 1400 mg twice daily, or you can take it once daily with 100 or 200 mg of Norvir.
The dose of Lexiva® (fosamprenavir calcium) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Your weight (for children)
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking
- Other HIV or AIDS medications you have taken in the past.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Lexiva Dosage for AdultsThe recommended dose of Lexiva for treating adults with HIV or AIDS depends on whether it is combined with Norvir® (ritonavir) and whether other protease inhibitor medications have been tried in the past. Norvir is used to increase the level of Lexiva in the blood, thereby making it more effective.
For adults who have never taken a protease inhibitor, the following Lexiva dosing options are recommended:
- Lexiva 1400 mg twice daily (without Norvir)
- Lexiva 1400 mg once daily plus Norvir 200 mg once daily
- Lexiva 1400 mg once daily plus Norvir 100 mg once daily
- Lexiva 700 mg twice daily plus Norvir 100 mg twice daily.
For adults who have taken a protease inhibitor medication before, the recommended dose is Lexiva 700 mg twice daily plus Norvir 100 mg twice daily. If you have liver disease, your healthcare provider will recommend a lower Lexiva dosage. The exact dosage will depend on the degree of your liver impairment.